Thursday, February 4, 2010

Thursday's Teaching Word: Nutrition...You Are What You Eat

Healthy Food= Brain Fuel!

Recently, my husband and I watched the movie Food Inc.
and it got us thinking, "What on earth are we feeding our children?"
There is so much talk about
organic food, trans- fatty acids, preservatives,
that I thought it was about time my husband and I became
proactive about what our kids eat.
I may not be able to control how the world can eat,
but I sure can control what I buy at the stores.

Then, I recently discovered that
East Whittier City School District implemented a wonderful site
called Health e-Living!Please visit it!
There are several links about nutrition, exercise,
and healthy living that I think you should definitely check out!

If you are also looking for other ways to cook up a healthy meal visit:

1 comment:

  1. To our Blog Master,

    What a beautiful blog. Thanks for caring enough to do this for our school. As a member of the "old dog's club", I am here to say I have learned "New Tricks" to practice with my little guys.

    Thanks, Margie

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear what you think...If you have any comments, suggestions, or tips, please share with us.

Related Posts with Thumbnails